2008/04/01

摩天輪 / update system to Ubuntu 7.10 / emesene

p2091328
(Olympus E510 Lyon)

I registered to receive a copy of Ubuntu 7.10 CD on ubuntu's site several weeks ago.
After waiting for so long, finally I got the package.
Originally, I've installed Ubuntu 7.04 on my system.
It's functioning well for quite some time and,
I am quite happy with its performance.
(On the contrary, Windows XP always disappoints me, though it's there for more than 3 years)

However, it's easier to find softwares for version 7.10 now.
So I decided to upgrade the system.
The process of upgrading is smooth.
The system automatically downloaded packages that need to be upgrade from internet (700 MB?)
and it searched the package in the CD too.
It took me about one hour or so to download all the necessary files,
and another one to upgrade the system.
Since I was reading docs at that moment,
I couldn't really feel the time passing.

Now it's brand new!! but, to be honest, I can't tell much where the difference is,
except for one new kernel is added to the GRUB menu.

Anyways, I installed another new msn client, emesene,
which is written in python.
It seems that it supports offline messaging, which is the feature I craved for.
hm, maybe it's time for me to pick up python again. :p

emesene:
http://www.emesene.org/screenshots.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言

中國 App 商業模式 -- 王泌

很有系統地介紹了中國近幾年比較大的幾十個 app,包含他們主要的商業模式,投資者,和特色在哪裡。對於想要了解中國 App (網路服務) 市場的人來說,會是個很好的入門書。雖然已經是兩三年前的資料了,這兩三年又有了很大的變化,但依然是個很好的起點。