2009/01/28

New version of Vimperator and some plugins

PB080634.JPG (by plateaukao)
Seattle.US

I tried to install Vimperator 2.0 several weeks ago ( or one month ago?). The speed of auto completion is aweful. So, I turned back to use version 1.2 without second thoughts. At that time, I know there's still some improvements to go for version 2.0. Tonight, I gave it another try and found it quite joyful! The speed of auto-completion is quite impressive, and the categorized suggestion list is much clearer than older versions. That's the first impression I had for this new version. Out of interests, I searched for other useful plugins too. I installed char-hints-mod2.js, gvimail.js, and lookupDictionary.js.

char-hints-mod2.js is a plugin to display character hint labels instead of digits. It will reduce more finger movements for keyboard lovers and you can even set up the characters you like! Now, I don't have move my fingers all around, or go back and forth with my mouse. I can stick on my keyboard, almost all the time.

gvimail.js is a plugin to solve the conflicts between gmail and vimperator. When I used gmail, I can only go back to my stupid mouse and use click. It's quite painful to do so once you get used to the vimperator. gvimail can solve this problem for me. I can use gmail as I like with vimperator!

Last one, lookupDictionary is a plugin written by a Japanese. It seems that vimperator is very popular in Japan because a lot of Japanese wrote plugins for it. Fortunately, I can read Japanese. It's not a hidden world for me. this plugin has some built-in dictionaries. You can use the vimperator command line to search these dictionaries. It will bring out a window with -- more, when the search is done. In this way, you can lookup word without leaving the lovely firefox. I thought this is a plugin to search word in the webpage directly. Obviously, I was wrong. I hope that one day it's powerful enough to do so.
javascript 〈〈EOF
(function(){
var feedPanel = document.createElement("statusbarpanel");
feedPanel.setAttribute("id", "feed-panel-clone");
feedPanel.appendChild(document.getElementById("feed-button"));
feedPanel.firstChild.setAttribute("style", "padding: 0; max-height: 16px;");
document.getElementById("status-bar")
.insertBefore(feedPanel, document.getElementById("security-button"));
})();
EOF

沒有留言:

張貼留言

中國 App 商業模式 -- 王泌

很有系統地介紹了中國近幾年比較大的幾十個 app,包含他們主要的商業模式,投資者,和特色在哪裡。對於想要了解中國 App (網路服務) 市場的人來說,會是個很好的入門書。雖然已經是兩三年前的資料了,這兩三年又有了很大的變化,但依然是個很好的起點。