2008/07/22

Streamtuner and Streamripper in Linux

PB124789 (by plateaukao)
Olympus E300
Annecy. France
2007.11.12

相機參數亂調,結果就是這樣。
雖然葉子黃得有點誇張,不過很喜歡這種畫筆亂灑的感覺。

****

It's been a long time that I did not write posts in English. I am not sure that I am still capable of writing in English properly. Anyway, I still have to try , because this post is about software introduction for Linux (Ubuntu).

After the application of ADSL internet access, I am thinking of any way to maximize the usage of the bandwidth. One way I can think of is, of course, to download some good stuff by using bt. And another thing I would like to do is to record some internet radio programs, so that I can listen to the musique (or talk shows) without using the bandwith at work.

I used to use mplayer -dumpstream to do the job for me. However, after reinstalling linux for several times in these years, I lost all my information of the internet radios. This time, I want some software that can manage internet radios and record the programs when I want it to, just like Fr-Solo in Windows platform. Fortunately, it seems that a lot people have the same requirement as I do. I found one without spending too much time on googling the solution.

Streamtuner. It's a program written with GTK+2.0 interface. It supports internet radio directories such as SHOUTcast and Live365. If it's not enough for you, you can add the web radios you like in another tab page too. The detail feature list is on the website, I won't write all of them here. I just want to mention its seamless combination with Streamripper. Streamripper started as a way to separate tracks via Shoutcast's title-streaming feature. Now it's more powerful about how to separate songs from the streaming media.

In the interface of Streamtuner, there are buttons for triggering the radio channels and for recording the programs too. Once the record button is pushed, streamripper will be launched in a terminal window to do the recording job.

I was impressed the first time I saw the recording folder for a channel. It's full of separate files with filenames of songs. It takes no effort to have some many songs in one night!

REF:
http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/
http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

沒有留言:

張貼留言

中國 App 商業模式 -- 王泌

很有系統地介紹了中國近幾年比較大的幾十個 app,包含他們主要的商業模式,投資者,和特色在哪裡。對於想要了解中國 App (網路服務) 市場的人來說,會是個很好的入門書。雖然已經是兩三年前的資料了,這兩三年又有了很大的變化,但依然是個很好的起點。