2013/05/15

Eclipse/Java code completion not working with Android development

(GreatWall.Beijin.China)

While watching some video tutorials about android development, I found that the lecturer can call out the class completion helper dialog during typing class names. However, I only have the function/variable autocompletion feature after typing a . after a class name in my eclipse. Without entering the class name correctly, I can not get any help from eclipse, which is quite strange comparing to what I've seen for others.

Well, it seems that many people encountered the same problem as I did. This is being discussed on various posts. One way to make it work is to check the "Java Proposal" in Eclipse's Preferences > Java > Editor > Content Assist > Advanced'.

But for me, it seems that something's wrong with my workspace configurations too. The answer from hoipolloi in following reference post helped me to fix this issue. Here's his suggestion:
  • Quit Eclipse
  • Go to workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core
  • Remove *.index and savedIndexNames.txt
  • Restart Eclipse and search Ctrl+T for the offending type. The indexes will be rebuilt.

REF:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/908489/eclipse-java-code-completion-not-working

沒有留言:

張貼留言

跨界通訊 - 陳又津

昨天從圖書館借的書,一口氣把它看完了。很特別的題材,在講老人的社會問題,以及人為什麼不行自行決定生死,只能在醫院拖著已經殘破不堪的身體,直到最後短氣的那一刻。 書中還有提到想成為女生的男生,以及透過網路可以達到的一些社群效果。算是把一些現代的元素組合得蠻好的作品。 推薦。