2013/06/04

How to make testing work under Android Studio

(Geneve.Swiss)

It's such a pain to look for solutions for tasks on Android Studio. When can it be mature enough and more well documented for developers?

I would like to write some test cases for my small app, but I couldn't find a way for adding test cases into Android Studio project and have it run successfully.

After wandering around on the internet for a long time, eventually I found a link that did helped me out (see reference below). As Google I/O 2013 video said, a new android build system made of gradle is released, which will be more flexible, more powerful, more etc, etc. However, currently, it 's not well integrated into Android Studio. Some modification in Android Studio won't be directly reflected in gradle build scripts. Well... then, how do I know when I should modify build scripts my self? And to write it by myself, I have to learn groovy first, because that's the language Gradle used to write its build configuration files. How could I master these things in a short time...

Anyway, the solution for my pain point above is to modify build.gradle under the root directory of app project, and make sure all the instrument source folders are well set up. Now I can use cradle to run test cases and generate report files. However, I can't make it work in Android Studio still. orz...


REF:
http://blog.crowdint.com/2013/05/24/android-builds-on-travis-ci-with-gradle.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言

中國 App 商業模式 -- 王泌

很有系統地介紹了中國近幾年比較大的幾十個 app,包含他們主要的商業模式,投資者,和特色在哪裡。對於想要了解中國 App (網路服務) 市場的人來說,會是個很好的入門書。雖然已經是兩三年前的資料了,這兩三年又有了很大的變化,但依然是個很好的起點。