2009/05/05

Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04

P1110104 (by plateaukao)
Annecy.FRance


I always thought that I was using Ubuntu 8.04 on my notebook until yesterday. Ubuntu 9.04 is out for a while. Every blog post is praising its boot-up speed and other new features. Originally, I wanna buy a netbook and install this version on it. However, after consideration, netbook would not be a good choice for me, because I spend most of time in front of my big LCD screen at office. On weekends, I don't go out often. Even so, I would not bother myself with a computer at hand.

So, my nb is all I got for trying this fantastique version. Oh, forgot to mention: my asus s200 is broken lately. Too bad. Let's bow for its great contribution to my past several years. It completes my life, really. Alright, let's back to the topic of this post: Upgrade my Ubuntu.

I used the following command to do the job for me:
sudo update-manager -dc

update-manager is a utility of ubuntu to help users update their packages in the system. With some parameters, users can also upgrade their system to a upper version. For example, 7.04 to 7.10; 7.10 to 8.04. As for me, it's 8.04 to 8.10. Wait!! Why is that? I though my system is already 8.10 for a long time. But it turns out to be 8.04. Wow wow wow. What a surprise!! How many enhancements in 8.10 I've missed!! I think maybe I was too busy in Oct. 2008, so I totally forgot this.

Alright. 8.04 -> 8.10. Let's do this first. It took a lot of time to download necessary packages and update all of them. Once it's done, I don't want to stop like this. I want 9.04. So I launched the same command again. This time, it's 8.10  to 9.04.

Everything went well too. Wonderful! Now I am enjoying my ubuntu 9.04 by posting this post on it.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

中國 App 商業模式 -- 王泌

很有系統地介紹了中國近幾年比較大的幾十個 app,包含他們主要的商業模式,投資者,和特色在哪裡。對於想要了解中國 App (網路服務) 市場的人來說,會是個很好的入門書。雖然已經是兩三年前的資料了,這兩三年又有了很大的變化,但依然是個很好的起點。